Monday, September 10, 2007

Crisp air

I used to think that I was a summer person. Once upon a time it was my favorite time of year.

But, I'm moving more in a fall direction. When I got in my car after school today it was 66 degrees outside. There was actually a chill in the air.

On the way home, I drove through a neighborhood and saw trees whose leaves have already turned red.

It's campfire weather. College football Saturdays weather. SWEATER weather! A knitter's dream.

We've got all the windows open at the apartment and it feels amazing.

It'll be so nice to do our long runs in this kind of weather instead of constant heat. Yesterday we ran 6, and by the end, I was pretty well exhausted - too much sun beating down.

Speaking of exercise, I've got to go do my strength workout now, before the Closer season finale starts at 8. Yes, I might be totally addicted to TV, but at least I'm not a total couch potato - all junk food no exercise...

2 comments:

Lori said...

From one huge fan of fall to another, welcome to the club! I can't wait to break out jackets, apple cider and pumpkins. Ah, autumn!

Anonymous said...

yup, my favorite time of year is fall. we slept the past two nights with the windows open although we've had to close them at about 5 a.m. because our genius apartment managers decided to set the sprinklers to come on that early. man, are they noisy! how do you like living in an apartment? -shep

Related Posts with Thumbnails