Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday TV no man's land

and it's a good thing, too, since I've just spent the last four hours doing schoolwork.

I'm going on a field trip tomorrow with yearbook and newspaper kids, so I had to get the plans for my sub ready, get my presentation for the field trip/conference ready, burn a CD for someone, etc., etc.

Oh, yeah, and I had to help Adam out with his latest hare-brained scheme. I can't tell you what it is quite yet, but it involves cooking, shopping at the farmer's market and a video camera.

I just don't know that I would have had the willpower to accomplish all that I needed to do tonight with the temptation of TV hanging over my head.

It's been an incredibly stressful couple of days - my brain is buzzing with activity, constant commotion, etc. Sometimes, when I'm stressed, it literally feels like my brain is a wet sponge that can't soak up any more information, troubles, thoughts. That's what I felt like driving home tonight. Going over my list of things to do tonight, going over stuff for tomorrow, thinking, thinking, thinking. It's not that anything has been particularly hard, it's just been BUSY.

I think it's getting to be that time of year for teachers. You're completely entrenched, trying to keep up with grading, planning, being energetic and keeping kids engaged, and in my case, keeping the newspaper and yearbook staffs chugging along. I wish I was like Stretch Armstrong, so that as I get pulled in nine million directions, I would just keep getting more flexible.

Alas, I think I need a day at the spa...

3 comments:

Lori said...

And, yet, you still found time to blog! Hang in there. It does sound stressful, but for some reason, I enjoy reading about it.

Chris said...

You are definitely a no-brainer candidate for the spa. Book it!

Mike Shepherd said...

be sure to let me know how your sub worked out for ya. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails