Thursday, September 20, 2007

New schmnew

Okay, people. Just because you rebroadcast the season finale with some "never before seen footage" doesn't mean you're broadcasting a NEW show.

These crafty network execs know exactly what they're doing. They know we're starved for some REAL TV, not re-runs and random crap, so get that fall season on the road. I actually thought (stupid, stupid girl) that "My Name is Earl" was new tonight.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I guess I just have to wait one more week for the season openers - tonight was like a little warm up for the DVR.

We did, however, watch one new show last night - "Kid Nation." Did anyone else watch this, and will actually admit to it? I have to say, it reminded me of why I teach HIGH SCHOOL, not elementary kids. I don't think I could listen to 30 of their little voices all day long - some of the kids just seemed a little off.

Parents who read this blog - I guess each family got $5,000 for sending their kid off to the desert for 40 days? Anyone else heard that? Would you do that? I know five grand is a chunk of change, but that seems a little crass.

4 comments:

Heather rules said...

Yes, we watched. I really liked it, as did my 8 year old. Would I do that? Not in a million years!!!! I asked my son if he thought he'd be able to do something like that. He asked "Do they have mozzarella sticks there?" So, I guess that would be a no.

Stacey Jenkins said...

I guess the problem I have with sending the kids off to the desert is not the money (or the desert per se), but what habits/examples parents must have been implementing in the kids throughout their childhood that led them up to this point? the old saying "do as I say, not as I do" seems in order here and not a great parenting technique to follow.

Anonymous said...

they got more than 5 grand. they got a month of quiet evenings. those parents probably would have shipped the kids off to summer camps. this way, they got paid for it instead of the other way around.

and no -- i couldn't make myself watch that show even though there was nothing else on.

Linda said...

I saw a local newscast the other night that said the parents had to sign an agreement that you could not sue the network for any injuries incurred during filming, up to and including death. Now what parent in their right mind would sign something like that?

Related Posts with Thumbnails