Sunday, September 2, 2007

Good Guys 13, Bad Guys 23

But, I'm really not THAT upset. K-State was the underdog going into this game, going into an SEC big house, not playing a patsy, they're going to get killed, yada yada yada.

You know what, for 54 minutes, they did just fine. Of course, I'd like to see the outcome and the last six minutes look a little different, but it was a good game. Did anyone else notice during the crowd shots that the guys were wearing shirts and ties and some of the girls were wearing formal dresses? To a football game? Adam says this is just "how they do it in the South." I'm sorry, but if it's 90 degrees outside, I'm not going to stand on metal bleachers in a taffeta dress. (Surprising, I know, for readers of this blog who know me well...)

We continue to assimilate our Canadian friends, Stacey and Eugene. Last night was the first night they've ever gone to a sports bar to watch college football.

BW3 was pretty fun - a good crowd of K-Staters was there cheering on the Cats, and our group included: Amy, me, Adam, Stacey, Eugene and their kids, our recently-transplanted-to-Wichita friends Stacey and Manny and their daughter, Langston, TK, Joshua. Of course there is photographic evidence, but it'll have to wait til we get back to KC.

I'm posting this from Langston's computer at the Holyoke Bureau, so no card reader. If I was a real blogger, I'd think to carry that crap with me everywhere I went...

After BW3, we headed over to Stacey and Eugene's and chilled out there for a while, to watch the end of the Tennessee game (Good Guys lost that one, too).

According to today's Eagle, BV football is ranked fourth in the state overall. Exciting times ahead? Maybe so.

We're heading over to Jeff and Kat's for a lunch and a swim before we go back to OP later today. Can't wait to see them and Lauryn. She's so cute - everytime I'm talking to Jeff or Kat on the phone, she hops on for a minute to say hi, and always says "Bye Jill I love you!" before she hands the phone back over to mom or pop.

I'm sure they'll be photos from this afternoon as well. I hope you all are enjoying your Labor Day weekend, not laboring!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails