Saturday, September 22, 2007

I know it's too hot to think of wool sweaters, but...

Okay, when it gets to be that time and you're swapping summer clothes out for winter clothes - I have a recycling proposition for any of you.

I'm in the market for some cast-off 100 percent wool sweaters. I re-washed the one I got from mom today, and it will be a purse by the end of the month, I hope. I'll probably take to trolling the thrift stores within the next few months, looking for CHEAP sweaters to experiment with.

If you pull a sweater out of your closet and it make you go: "What was I THINKING when I bought this thing?" don't take it to DAV, give it to DA-ME!

When I pulled the argyle sweater out today, the body of it looked like it MIGHT fit Kyle or Lauryn, one of my 2-year-old BFFs. It's definitely felted tightly enough to cut with scissors now.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Good blog!!! I was just going thru the closet thinking there's at least one sweater I should give away. You'll be seeing it soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails