Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Somebody's got a case of the Mondays - on Tuesday

Sadly, I watched the season finale of "The Closer" tonight. However, as I type this, I'm watching "Biggest Loser: Families" so I guess I'll still have some TV to watch...Summer shows are ending, fall should be starting straight away. I might have to watch tonight's "Closer" ep again this weekend. I know Betsy watches, and hasn't seen it yet, so I can't talk about it - don't want to spoil it. Anybody else see it?

Ah, the life of a schoolteacher - can't go out on school nights, must stay home and plan/grade papers/rest/watch TV. Good times.

Yes, I'm a day behind on "The Closer" - it aired last night. I fell asleep at 8 p.m. on the couch last night, and slept straight through until 5:30 this morning, except for the minute it took me to get off the couch, stop by the bathroom, wash my face, and crawl into bed.

Today we put the September issue of the paper to bed. During our first hour of newspaper (I teach two classes of newspaper) FOUR students were absent! I think we've been hit by the plague or something! One's home with strep, and I'm sure the other ones are in a similar state. Considering they've all been sharing keyboards and mouses (mice?) while working on pages this week, it's not surprising that we're all getting sick. I had to visit the school nurse this morning, for some cold medicine, since I forgot to bring my own.

She told me it was a good thing I got all that sleep last night - might help me fend off all the junk. I hope she's right!

All the sleep and the Sudafed must have done something for me, because I felt fine by the end of the day. Helped the editor get the pages FTPed to the printer, made it to my hair appointment on time, ran 4.5 miles, had Taco Tuesday at Margarita's, watched "The Closer" and now I'm blogging. I got an awful lot accomplished today, even when slightly under the weather. Maybe "The Secret" is actually working for me...

I'll be thinking "K-State crushes Louisville" all night tonight in my dreams so that I can use the law of attraction to the Cats advantage.

Nothing like a little Wildcat football in the middle of the week - gives you something to look forward to.

•••
Sunday was Adam and Jill domestic bliss day - shopped for a few things we still need for the house, and FINally got a mirror hung up in the bathroom.

Yes, Eagle Eyes, you can still see a drywall patch up there by the light, and the trim and beadboard still had to be painted, but the bathroom sure does look more like a bathroom these days.

The next two pics aren't the most exciting things on the planet, but I've got to show some love for my mom, who made our cool new curtains for the laundry room.


Notice how I very smartly shot these photos so you can't see the piles of dirty clothes on the floor. And no, we don't normally keep a drill on the ironing board, but we had just finished hanging up the curtain rods.


Laundry isn't my favorite chore, but at least when I have to spend QT with the ironing board, the room is cheery!

5 comments:

Bets said...

Glad I'm the first to post so there aren't any spoilers! I had to pause The Closer because I was literally scared. Like me sitting in a scary movie, scared. Will I be able to watch the last 20 minutes???

I think you've inspired me to paint my laundry room. The only bad part is that there is a whole lotta room behind the water heater and AC that I could never reach with a paint brush or roller. What to do ... what to do ... ?

Bets said...

OH. MY. GOD!

I can't even handle it!

chitknit said...

I'm guessing you made it to the end, then?

Yeah, I was literally biting my nails as we watched the last 15 minutes.

I can't believe we have to wait until next season to see what happens! I'm too impatient for cliff hangers.

Kathryn said...

You've been a busy girl. Good job on the 4 1/2 mile run.

Bets said...

Just saw this post again. You inspired me 18 months ago to paint my laundry room. Will I actually get it done anytime soon?
Grrr!
P.S. When does The Closer start back up again? I miss it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails