Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What's new with the Chittums?

The Repubs might have postponed/altered events at their shindig earlier this week because of the storm, but not the Chittums.

We just returned from a 4-mile run in a steady rain. According to all the meteorologists, even here in KC we're feeling the after-effects of Gustav, so I'll assume they're right and that's what we ran through tonight.

By the time we got back, our clothes were soaked and my hair was dripping, but the cool rain was a nice change from the 90-degree temps plus humidity that Stacey and I ran through Monday morning.

Friday and Saturday of Labor Day weekend, we finally got completely out of and cleaned out the ol' Dunes apartment. What does that mean?

No more Spitness Center.
No more stupid neighbors staying up until 3 a.m. right outside our door.
No more landscapers cutting the grass at 7 a.m. on summer weekdays.
No more living in a place that smells like a smoking hotel room.

We're pretty satisfied with that particular turn of events. It's nice to be a one-household family again. You'd think that would mean we got a lot done here over the long weekend. Hmmm, not really. We took it easy with some visitors instead.

I've got some photos to post, but I'm lazy and still haven't reloaded Photoshop on my laptop since it crashed. I'll get to those, probably this weekend.

Stacey brought the kids up and we went to the T-Bones game Saturday night. It was beautiful! The weather was perfect, the ballpark was nice, and there was a huge crowd! It's what minor league baseball could be in Wichita if people would get off their butts and go to games once in a while. It was also dollar night, so we enjoyed some dollar dogs, dollar waters and dollar peanuts.

Definitely had to partake in some dollar Tums when we got home.

With the kids, we played some Wii, took them to play at both of our neighborhood parks, and did a little shopping. It was a good weekend all around. Once they were tucked safely in the car headed back to Doodah, we did some yardwork.

Adam cut the grass, and I worked to clear out our tomato patch. So far this year, I've harvested a bunch of chocolate cherry tomatoes (an heirloom variety that are great snacks), but no regular tomatoes. Maybe our last stab at cleaning and restaking the plants will yield a few fruit before the end of the summer.

(I have photos of those too, guess you'll just have to wait!)

I think that's enough random junk for now. Go check out Betsy's blog to see the project she worked on over the weekend.

Kickball double-header tomorrow night. I'm sure they'll be a few good stories out of that, considering last week, I showed up for my first game with the new team and surprise! There was TJ, Amy's husband, playing on the same team! And, since our team is called El Guapo, we had some pretty fly Mexican music playing the whole game. I think I could probably start a whole new blog just about kickball stuff if I really put my mind to it!

Bedtime.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Good to see a post. You've been busy!

Bets said...

YEAH! A new post. I should have written a post about all the work I did, too, but somehow your's looks way more busy than mine!
No love for the friend meet-up at Twisters for late night ice cream? That was fun, too!

34th Stater said...

Glad you're back in the groove. I've missed my daily 'Chittum Fix.' My daily running distances match you. When you don't run (or post), I stay home and surf the internets.

Heather rules said...

Thanks for the update.

Unknown said...

Welcome home, Chittums, in every sense of the word!

Related Posts with Thumbnails