Sunday, October 28, 2007

I am the little dreamer

Here it is, a whole 'nother week has passed between blog postings. Sure, it was a busy week, what with an out-of-town aunt in town, yearbook deadline, two nights of parent-teacher conferences, a wedding anniversary, friends in town, a Van Halen concert, etc., but still wasn't there some time that I could have blogged?

I suppose nothing has gotten under my skin lately, so I don't have any things to complain about, really. I haven't been reading as many blogs lately, so maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know.

We did have a three-day weekend this week because of conferences - so Adam and I took advantage of Friday off and went to see a movie at 2 in the afternoon. We saw "Michael Clayton," with George Clooney. It was a great movie - a tad bit convoluted, but kept you wanting to know what was going to happen next. I never really thought of myself as a huge George Clooney fan, but after sitting through a two-hour movie starring him, I can see why he's always on People magazine's sexy guys lists.

On Friday night, Jeff, Kat, Lauryn and Terry all came up so that most of us could go to the VH concert at the Sprint Center. Adam stayed home with Lauryn. Here, they model the adult and kid size Crazy Aunt Purl Halloweenie Beanies I recently knitted. You might be asking yourself why Adam's shirt is all wet. I think that right before this photo, Lauryn had spilled water and gotten upset, so Adam spilled water on himself to show her that it wasn't a big deal. I think that's how the story goes, anyway.


The concert was cool. Didn't try sneaking my camera in this time, though, because I didn't have a good way of passing it through, and the Sprint Center has metal detectors. So, even had I taped it to the inside of my leg or some crazy crap like that, I still would have been buzzed in the metal detector. I'm a little pissed that we paid what we did for tickets, and they were THREE ROWS FROM THE TOP. We weren't that far from the stage, but the way they had the speaker system rigged blocked most of our view of the big screen behind the stage.

I guess the chairs at the arena were nice and comfy, so if you're attending a sit-down event, you'll benefit, but they only left about seven inches of walking space between the rows, and they put cupholders right behind each of the seats, instead of on the arms. This makes it really hard for people to get in and out of the rows when they need to get drinks or go to the bathroom. In fact, before the show even started, a guy bit it right in front of Kathryn. He tripped on her cupholder, and fell down on top of the guy in the row in front of us. Amazingly, he didn't spill the open water bottle he was carrying. Those seated two rows in front of us are lucky he wasn't carrying a beer. It would have been all over them.

I've now seen Van Halen with DLR. Finally. I think there were some sound problems at the venue. Dave kept messing with his in-ear monitor throughout the show, like he couldn't hear himself or something. He and Eddie both look like they've been spending about four hours a day in the gym. Alex looks like he's related to Keith Richards, not the brother of Eddie.

Thursday night, after conferences, Adam and I went out with a bunch of BV teachers. I'd say there were about 30 of us there. Here's a photo of Adam and I from that night - our fourth wedding anniversary. It's always on the night of conferences. But, since 2008 is a leap year, it'll be on Saturday next year.

We missed the Elvis and Marilyn party, but there are some great pics here. We really were planning on going right up until the last minute, but I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately with school and various projects so we pussed out and just did the three-day weekend thing at home. I wish it would have been Monday (tomorrow) off, then we would have gone.

Well, we're off to run seven miles this afternoon. We've been slightly lax in our marathon training - gotta get back on that horse.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Travis snuck his camera into the Van Halen concert. You should check out his blog.

Anonymous said...

"Lauryn had spilled water and gotten upset, so Adam spilled water on himself to show her that it wasn't a big deal."

How can anyone not LOVE that man?!
Cutest lil' punkins ever.

Related Posts with Thumbnails