Wednesday, October 31, 2007

See how they did it.


Stop right now. Go to the PBS website and watch Marathon Challenge. It aired on most PBS stations last night, I believe, but of course, we DVRed it and watched tonight. It's a NOVA show.

I know that many of you who read this blog kept up with me as I was training for the San Diego marathon (unfortunately I wasn't blogging then), and you know how that all turned out. Been there, done that, right? I've even got the T-shirt.

But, if you'd really like to KNOW a little of how it felt for me (and for countless other first-time marathoners, I'm sure) you really ought to watch the show. It follows a group of 12 sedentary adults through a 40-week training process leading up to the Boston Marathon. I was in tears by the end of the show as I watched them cross the finish line. Even now, almost 18 months after I ran the marathon, I get choked up thinking about how it felt to accomplish that goal.

I haven't been great about writing about the training Adam and I are doing for this marathon. I'll try to do better as we get into more intensive training runs. This Sunday, we'll do nine miles. We're going to watch Kid Nation tonight, then I'll be headed over to the fitness center for one of my short weekday runs. Can't do it tomorrow night because we've got newspaper late night.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails