Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Still with me?

I'm a little worried that my dearth of posts lately will turn off some of my "readership." I usually get compliments from people about how often I post, but now that school has started, there's a definite slowdown in post-age.

We're knee deep in a 60 page yearbook deadline right now, so in addition to all my "normal" teacher duties (lesson plans, grading, etc.), the adviser portion is in overdrive right now as well. It's all senior ads that we're working on, so it's good practice for the newbies on using their desktop publishing skills. But, every day after seventh hour, I feel like I've sat through a half-hour church service since I've proofread so many bible verses.

Adam and I are on our way to a yoga class this afternoon. It's offered through the district. I really miss going to yoga at the Central Y, so I'm excited that this class is offered. Yoga should help alleviate the stress level a bit.

Last night, I got a message from one of my former students who is now at WSU. She's taking a Mass Com writing class, and she said that the two years she spent with me in yearbook have helped her feel a bit ahead in the class. How cool is that? I'm not gonna lie - it's those e-mails that make the sometimes crappy days worth it. I'm so glad she's doing well (and she's probably reading this blog right now), so I guess I better go reply to her message.

8 comments:

Jaime said...

Are my eyes failing me or did I see you dash through the finish line at Race for the Cure on Saturday?

chitknit said...

Yes - that was Adam and I. Only he was about 40 seconds ahead of me!

Maria said...

Yeah! A new post!

Candice said...

I'm about a zillion times ahead in college right now in large part because of all the things you taught me. It's great. You're an awesome teacher, and you have a way of making people more passionate about things they didn't think they cared so much about.
I'm pretty sure if you hadn't come to Derby I wouldn't be majoring in communication right now, and I definitely wouldn't be where I am right now.
Thanks.
Miss you. Hope all is well there in KC.

Candice said...

p.s. Your reply is incorrect. It should be Adam and me.
;-)

Kathryn said...

Yeah, we're still here and my mom's complaining because you don't post much

Lori said...

Hi Jill! I admire your ability to balance your new job, spouse, workout routine and hobbies, including blogging and knitting. Good to hear an update from you!

Anonymous said...

Candice's correction CRACKED ME UP.
And I ditto Candice.
You helped me find my niche, I have no doubt that I would NOT be into journalism if it wasn't for you.
Elizabeth Kraushar and Rachel Lynch came into Applebee's the other day with Mrs. Kraushar (who has got to be the nicest women I've ever met) and she and I talked about how you're one of those few people that you really feel BLESSED to have had in your life.
I gave the girls' your number so they could text you and say what's up, hope that's okay.

Related Posts with Thumbnails