Sunday, May 18, 2008

Graduation Day

It's been a tad psycho around here lately. School, yearbooks, prepping for finals, moving out of a house, graduation parties, etc.

Adam and I left right after school Friday afternoon and went to Wichita to load up the truck once more. We stopped by Amy's house, and stayed with Jeff and Kat. It was really good to see everyone, even if it was only for a night. I feel much better about the moving/closing now. I KNOW we won't have to make two trips on Memorial Day weekend, so my nerves are a little less frazzled. We had a great day for traveling, too. Warm and sunny, not too windy.

Last night, we stopped at two graduation receptions for a couple of my students. One was in Stilwell (my first visit) and the other was in Leawood. I told Adam it was like we were getting a little tour of the BV attendance area. Both were very nice, and I'm so glad I got to see the girls in their non-school element. I missed three other receptions - we were out of town for all of those.

Today, I'm headed to Kemper to watch the class of 2008 walk across the stage. I've got to finish getting ready so I can get to school to catch the bus. Yep, that's right - some of the faculty are "buspooling" so that we don't have to pay for gas or for parking. Crazy - it's like $7 to park at high school graduation. I had to get up early this morning and press my gown. Good thing ironing is a chore I don't mind, because it took a while.

Wonder what shenanigans are in store for today? We'll find out.

1 comment:

34th Stater said...

So glad you survived the trip to Doo-Dah!

Keep your strength up ... Betsy may be moving for the next six months and need your support.

Related Posts with Thumbnails