Sunday, May 4, 2008

STATE of mind

After four years of advising yearbook and newspaper, I can finally add "advised an All-Kansas newspaper" to my list.

Yesterday at KSPA state contest, The Tiger Print picked up an All-Kansas award in the publications critique!

After the awards ceremony, our carry-in entries were judged during the day. Sarah took third-place in headline writing and design.

It was really sad, looking at the overall results - only three BV district students placed at state since we didn't get to compete in the on-site contest back in February, thus not qualifying for state. Oh well - we'll just have to come back even stronger next year, hopefully.

I always enjoy the trip to state. There's a nice brunch meeting for the advisers and it's really nice to see all of my friends at the brunch. I also got to see three of my Derby kids! One of them took third place in sports writing, thus continuing the string of state placers since 2005. That makes me feel good. It was so nice to talk to them for a little bit.

1 comment:

Bets said...

Congrats, Jilly! Your hard work paid off. Even though you didn't see as many awards as you would like, you should still be proud of all the endless hours you and your staff put in.
Can't wait to see the yearbook this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails