Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Let the festivities begin

Many of you are well aware of the traditional weeklong Jill Birthday celebrations. Parties here, parties there, parties on the campouts, etc. We are missing the big Memorial Day camping trip this year. I can't remember the last time I wasn't there. I'm pretty bummed about that.

Who will tend the fire?

My birthday is Saturday, but we'll be one last time on the moving road.

So, tonight, we celebrate. It's Betsy's birthday today, so it'll be a joint operation. (No, silly - not THAT kind of joint operation.) We're heading to Tanner's for trivia and general merriment. Luckily, even though it's a school night, school's almost out - tomorrow's an easy day. So, I'll be all right if I stay up a little past my bedtime.

Must be clear-headed, though, because I've got to speak in front of the whole school again tomorrow during the spring recognition assembly. It's going to be outside on the football field, if the weather cooperates.

My dream come true - hearing my voice over the Football PA system. NOT.

8 comments:

Jaime said...

Happy birthday, Jill. Denise probably thinks you're finally turning 25.

Chris said...

Good luck with that PA system, Jill!

Bets said...

Maybe I'll get lucky and your voice will travel across the district and I'll hear you while I'm at trivia!

Heather rules said...

Happy Birthday Jill.
I too enjoy a weeklong celebration in honor of my birthday. It must be done.
We go camping EVERY memorial day weekend, but not this year. It seems really weird. We get a sitter and ride the hog out to El Dorado Lake for the day, but that's it. It kinda makes me sad.

34th Stater said...

Birthday? You don't look like you're old enough to celebrate with an adult beverage. See you at Chuckie Cheese.

ksukim said...

Happy Birthday, girl. We were going to take the camper out to the lake, but we are not so sure about the weather this weekend.

Nicki said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jill! I'm jealous of the trivia playing....kick some butt! :)

You'll be kickass on the PA, no worries!

Anonymous said...

Ok...I'm all caught up now. I've been away for a while, but it was fun reading all of your entries in succession. Congrats on finishing the yearbook, happy birthday, and goodness - don't I know that gas prices are rising! We spent nearly $200.00 going to Pa. for the weekend last weekend! It was close to $4.00 a gallon!!! How is selling the house coming along?

Related Posts with Thumbnails