Sunday, May 25, 2008

Worth the wait? SPOILER AHEAD

WARNING: Read no further if you don't want to know about "Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."




After cake and ice cream at Mom and Dad's, Adam and I met Mitzi and Betsy and we went to the late showing of the new Indiana Jones movie. Adam's been eagerly awaiting the movie, and I've also been pretty excited for it. It was a good choice for a birthday night activity.

I'm not sure that I think it was worth the 25-year wait. I loved the other three. This one just seemed so overdone. I was so aware of the lighting (all very soft and pretty - guess we had to make Harrison look as young as possible?) throughout the movie.

And, even though aliens are part of what some people think gave the early civilizations their technology, I just couldn't buy the crazy alien crap. (Adam was totally into this part, because he reads about that stuff all the time.)

There was a great vintage Harley stunt scene in the movie, with Harrison Ford and Shia LeBeouf. I enjoyed the first half, but the second half is when it got a little crazy. Too CGI-special effecty for my taste.

Have you guys seen it? What did you think?

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I saw it on Friday with Carter (a man who idolizes the composer, John Williams, even more than the main character) and we enjoyed it. I was also very aware of the lighting at the beginning when they were at the military base. I didn't like it at first, but then I thought it worked because it had a very Hollywood 1950s feel to it.

I saw an interview with Karen Allen this morning and I think you'll be interested to hear that she has a textiles degree from the Fashion Institute of Technology. She owns her own textile company where she sells a lot of her own work.

Chris said...

I haven't seen any of the Indiana Jones movies. Isn't that crazy? Happy belated birthday.

Nicki said...

Some of her sweaters and stuff are pretty cool!
http://www.karenallen-fiberarts.com/show.php

Related Posts with Thumbnails