Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Three freaking seventy three?

Seriously, I'm all for some sort of major governmental intervention when it comes to gas prices.

If it goes up much further, we will not be able to afford to drive ANYwhere, except school (and I'm beginning to wonder if that will be possible!). Good thing we only have to drive to school for a few more days.

Adam put $20 in my car the other night. Imagine my surprise when I got in the car and saw it was only a half tank. I remember the good old days, when $20 would fill it up!

Yikes. Looks like we might have to put any money we make on the house into a savings account for gas!

How in the heck do you SUV drivers do it?

5 comments:

Bets said...

Just imagine how great it will be when you don't have to drive to Wichita for house stuff and you can chose to go there for fun.
I took a picture of the gas station in Chicago that had gas for $4.22 a gallon, and that was on the cheap end!

Unknown said...

I have an SUV, but I get 20-27 miles a gallon. That's why we chose a Nissan Murano. I about croaked when we filled in up Saturday and it was $53. that's using the Ethanol blend, which is cheaper. Needless to say I plan my errands to do coming to work or going home.

Linda said...

that's why we got rid of our suburban and our van, and I now drive a Hyundai Accent. $30 fills it up (small tank) and lasts 10 days to 2 weeks.

Chris said...

I'm so glad I got rid of my SUV almost 3 years ago. Best decision I ever made.

Heather rules said...

I had to post something after I read your post. It went up 16 cents over night. Can you believe this crap? Of course you can, knowing who's in office.

Related Posts with Thumbnails