Friday, October 10, 2008

Ahhhh, how cute, you're trying to use big words...

but I don't think you really know what they mean.

Check out this recap of our kickball game from last week (written by the other team).

From the WAKA newletter last week

Can you be "over prententious"? I think it's "overly pretentious." And, while I am being quite pretentious in this here blog post, that's the LAST word you can use to describe our kickball antics.

A pretentious team would not play mariachi music from the sidelines.

A pretentious team stay completely sober the entire game so that they could make sure the rules are followed to the letter of the law.

A pretentious team would complain about every call even when they're beating the other team by 13 runs.

A pretentious team would leave the sombreros at home so that they could be completely focused on the game at hand.

A pretentious team would make damn sure they got their write-up written in the newsletter.

This is not us. This is not El Guapo.


I think there's already a recap in the works for last night's game, so I'll get it posted when I see it.

We're not pretentious - you're just jealous, since we've kicked ass in every game we've played so far (knock wood).

Even playing a game with a kickball so juiced it felt like kicking a bowling ball provided by the other team, we still scored 13 runs to their 1 or 2 (I can't remember exactly - maybe a team member can clarify). Betcha didn't know a kickball could be juiced, but jeezy petes, it was. It had so much air in it that on one bounce it would fly about another mile.

"Oh, we just bought that today! We didn't air it up!" Yeah, right.

It was a big night for me - got moved up in the lineup, went from about 15th (a slight exaggeration) to third. Why, you ask? For my speed, of all things. Adam found this quite funny when I told him that. He kicks my butt every time we have a foot race, but I guess I'm the fastest runner on our team, so I've been moved up to the sacrificial lamb spot on the roster.

If I get on base, it's gravy, because my job is to advance the guys who kicked before me (who are, in fact, lightning fast). The change in strategy seemed to work for us last night. We'll see how it goes the rest of the season.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

With this post you have solidified your status as my favorite girl on the team! And your spot is not a sacrificial lamb spot. It is to move Bailey and CY over, but you also have to be able to keep ahead of TJ and Me on the bases.

Unknown said...

-ps. Please don't make fun of my spelling and grammar, like you just did to shenanigans. English is not my native tongue.

Related Posts with Thumbnails