Thursday, October 23, 2008

Long Day's Journey

I should be getting ready for school right now, but I'm doing my morning routine of shower, breakfast, TV, check the blogs and e-mail, then finish getting ready.

Last night was the first night of conference, and we have another round tonight. They're only from 4-7 p.m., which doesn't seem like much, but by the end of the day, I'm ready to get the heck out of Dodge. I wasn't busy for the first hour or so, then I had a steady stream, but never a line. Some poor teachers had lines that looked like the good ol' pre-internet days when we used to have stand in line for concert tickets.

I still haven't figured out how conferences that are supposed to be limited to seven minutes a piece can generate lines that are 30 families long. It's crazy.

Conferences are usually pretty fun for me. I don't get a lot of takers, since I'm "just" an elective teacher, but the parents who do come are fun to catch up with and talk to. It's the editors' parents, the three-year staffers' parents, the ones who mostly just want to say Hi and see how I'm doing, as well as how their student is doing.

It certainly helps that I am blessed with great kids, because that cuts down on the amount of conference night drama. AND, of course, the parents who I really NEED to conference with are not the ones who show up. I think that's a pretty typical situation.

The payoff for two night of conferences is a day off tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that. I've got work to do for my masters class, and we're hoping to get the touch up painting done since we have a day off. We'll see how that goes.

•••

I've been reading "The Secret" for a while now, and I will eventually post about it, but I have made a "vision board" for what I want to accomplish. The first thing on the vision board is financial gains from the blog. I have a set number, but I'm keeping it to myself to see how close I can come...

Help prove "The Secret" works, by clicking on and checking out some of my Google ads. You can also use the Google search bar at the bottom of my page...We'll see how well it works.

1 comment:

Bets said...

Hmmmm ... maybe I need my own "vision board". Can you rpictures be trial things ... or are they supposed to represent bigger ideas?

Related Posts with Thumbnails