Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's Half-Marathon Week

Saturday morning we're running the half. Sunday Mitzi and I ran 10 miles, and I didn't feel like I was dying at the end. It makes me think back to when I trained for the marathon in 2006.

When we got up around 8 or 9 miles back then, I seriously thought I would die from the running. Not so much anymore. Yes, 10 was hard, and it took us a while, but we did it, and I didn't feel like I was dying at the end. The weather was perfect too. Please - everyone pray that Saturday morning will be sunny and about 65 degrees.

I think on Saturday morning, part of me will feel like I'm missing out by not running the full. I'll want to be with all the "cool" kids who are doing it. (Of course, this feeling will go away around mile 11 when I realize I'm only 2 miles from finishing!).

We're going to check out the Expo and pick up our packets on Thursday night. I'm getting pretty excited - I'm ready to do it.

If I've been a little neglectful of the blog lately, running is a big part of that, and school is really keeping me busy. I'm taking a master's class, in addition to my regular teaching duties. Kat and L visited this weekend. I've got photos to post, but that will have to wait til the end of this week, I'm guessing.

We had our first yearbook worknight of the year tonight. Almost everyone showed up. The only ones who weren't there were the ones who had games tonight. We've got a great crew this year - lots of really good sophomores who I think will become dedicated yearbook nerds by the time they're seniors. And three boys this year instead of one! We've tripled the male enrollment! Yearbook always seems to attract the female crowd more than the males, but newspaper stays fairly even.

We'll be 40 pages ahead by the first deadline - sending all the senior ads in at once. It'll be nice to have that cushion built in.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails