Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Upright Citizen's Brigade (or, El Guapo rocks WAKA KC)

I've been spending my Thursday nights lately down at Penn Valley Park playing kickball in the World Adult Kickball league. One of the teachers I work with mentioned one time that she plays, and the team is always looking for girl members (ah, the constant lament of any recreational adult sport), so I joined up.

If you're wondering about the Mexican regalia, it's because our team is called El Guapo. We listen to mariachi music during all of our games...It's a theme thing!

Right now, our team is rockin' the league. We're undefeated!

Even though it's a bit of a drive to PVP, I love playing up there. There's a great view of the downtown skyline from our kickball fields. We live out in the burbs, but I still get to play in the city!

7 comments:

Cary said...

that's one heckuva scratch that guy's got on his knee

chitknit said...

Yeah, I didn't even notice it until I posted the photo and then clicked it to see the larger version.

Great eyes, dude.

I'm too much of a wuss to slide into the bases, but those guys are hard core!

Jaime said...

I've told Robin that she needs to play kickball at her annual croquet party, but she's just not down with that idea. I don't know why.

Looks like the El Guapos know how to have a good time.

Bets said...

I don't know how much longer your season is ... but I would love to come watch. I've got 2 more busy weeks and then I'm all yours! Will you be playing during P/T conference week? That would be fun since we don't have school the next day! :)

Unknown said...

Who is that ridiculously good looking gentleman in the back with the blue sombrero?

chitknit said...

Garsh, I wonder who that could be...?

;-)

Unknown said...

Can you/will you bring your camera for the day of the dead thing we are doing on the 30th...you know about this yes?

Related Posts with Thumbnails