Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm supposed to be cleaning house, but...

I just wanted to post before I forgot.

Today, the newspaper staff passed out their third issue of this year. It was a 24-pager, and it looks great. Fourth hour, they went out to get papers out of the car, and then spent most of the period stuffing the papers with the ad inserts.

Once they were done stuffing, almost the entire class sat and read the papers and you could have heard a pin drop in that room they were so silent. It gave me goosebumps as I moved around the room futzing around. The staff is wonderful - conscientious, involved, engaged, dependable. I can see real pride of ownership as they go about their business. It's their newspaper, their business enterprise, and they really seem to understand the whole "sink or swim together" philosophy.

I think the paper they put out today is the best one since I started at BV. They just keep getting better and better. I'm glad they're so pumped, because the November issue will be tough - two and half weeks turnaround, instead of our usual month.

•••

Now I've got to pick up the house, before Stacey, Eug and the kids get here. They're in town this weekend since Stacey is running the half as well. Wish us all luck!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Good luck on the half-marathon. Amy Mairs is running half of the Wichita Marathon on Sunday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails