Thursday, October 16, 2008

How do you say "0 fer" en Español?

Because that's what I was tonight - 0 fer 2. Even with my superfans in attendance, I couldn't get on base!

Here they are: Amy "I'm doing my best to look nonchalant" Laws Meyer, Mitzi "Oh wait, she's taking a picture" Peterson, and Adam "don't bother me while I play with my wife's iPhone" Chittum.

I did, however, kick a pop foul that went over the fence and bounced off of our mariachi jukebox (aka Mike's Jeep). Whoops.

El Guapo's mojo was a little rusty in the beginning - not much offense in the first inning, and the other team scored a couple of runs. We had a little injured reserve issue - the top two in the lineup were both out tonight - a bike accident and a kickball injury from last week kept JB and TY out of the lineup tonight. Little did I know that our manager, Travis "Sparky" Young, would raise us up to victory with his shrewd kickball strategizing and cheering from the dugout.

Even with the slow start, we came away with a 6-3 victory. It's the first time we've allowed more than one run in a game.

This seemed to the be the other team's offensive strategy: Bunt. Bunt. Bunt. Bunt. Bunt. Bunt. Kick it as hard as you can. Let the girls do whatever they can.

Yeah, yeah, our team tends to do a little bunting, but every time?! Thus, it was a slow night for us out in the outfield. TJ got a workout behind the plate, though.

I shot a bit of video, but I'm going to save it up and hopefully edit a little piece together at the end of the season. We'll see how it goes.

As promised - here's the wrap from last week's game against Swunts and Swalls (I think I just threw up a little in my mouth as I typed that).

I think Creighton wrote it, but maybe Dave or someone else can correct me.

So, after this week, we're a big 7-0. I'll get you the official wrap up from this week as soon as I see it.

•••

We went to the marathon expo before the game - got our race packets and some shwag. I'm ready - I just hope it's not freezing cold Saturday. A girl can hope.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yup Creighton wrote it. S & S were a little upset about it. So CY has been taken off recap duties. Mike and I are writing this weeks but neither of us are authors.

chitknit said...

What? Why? Why were they upset? I thought it was good and not offensive to them! Of course, I suppose I am a little biased.

Good luck on this week's...

Wish I could be there next Thursday. I'll be with Guapo in spirit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails