Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Conflict of interest, much?

In a roundabout way, the government already has a tight fist on the media, and now Rupert Murdoch is strengthening his grip on the media front. At this rate, pretty soon he'll own MY blog.

The first link is a NY Times investigative piece that ran Sunday. Gee, come to find out, the TV analysts we see talking about the administration's war policies are still connected to the Pentagon, like, as in mouthpieces for the Pentagon. How convenient for "military analysts" to keep up the drumbeat of war, when they're in the pockets of the BIG businesses who'd be happy if we were over there for the next hundred years.

Why do those in power have to trick us, the American people? To me "representing" doesn't mean "I'm going to tell you whatever the hell I want to keep myself in power." But obviously that's exactly what it means to politicians and military officials.

Please, keep up your healthy doses of skepticism - it seems we need it more and more each day.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Coincidentally I've just renewed my skepticism this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails