Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yikes

From the airplane earlier...

File this under things you don’t want to hear your pilot say as he walks down the jetway:


Gate agent: How are you doing this morning?
Pilot: I’d be a lot better if I wasn’t awake at this time of the morning.

Hmmmm. I can’t tell you how much confidence that instilled in me as I sat waiting at Gate 69 this morning. This, after I woke up at 3:35, got the airport at 4:45, and had to wait 15 minutes before the Continental desk even opened.

Made it to Houston in one piece, despite having Sleepy Sleeperson in the driver’s seat.

This leg of the trip has vastly improved my outlook:

Lots of leg room. Window seat. No one between me and aisle-seat guy.

AND – breakfast and a movie! We got a little cereal, milk and a banana, and I’m watching National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets.

Okay, I gotta go watch the rest of the movie, but I wanted to get some words down while they were fresh in my head.

2 comments:

Heather rules said...

Enjoy your trip and be safe.

Nicki said...

Are you not shutting off all your electronic devices "anything with an on/off switch" and shutting off any devices with internet capabilities? You rebel you! I hope you have a great trip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails