Sunday, April 27, 2008

Progress on the bambino blanket

Here's the Baby DeVault blanket so far. These are the squares we knitted at the shower. I was a little worried while we were all working on them because divergent knitters knit divergent sizes, but so far the squares are sewing up quite nicely.

I think it'll be more of a security blanket than a blanket to cover up with. It's a little smaller than I expected, but we'll see. If I end up with extra squares, I guess I can always add an extra column down one side.

Last night at Betsy's I finished a rainbow colored crochet scarf. It turned out pretty cute. Might be an Etsy post in the future. I've been neglecting my Etsy shop since it's been crazy with school stuff lately.

Hopefully this summer I can build it back up. To those of you who have checked out the Etsy site: What do you like? What would you buy? What do you want to see more of?

•••

It's almost dinner time, then I've got to finish my school stuff. I did go up to work and get a bunch done, just not enough!

4 comments:

Bets said...

I'd like to see more general gift ideas! What can I help you with? The bags, iPod cozies, coasters and beer sweaters have been my favorite!

Heather rules said...

I heart my beer sweater. Can you make one with some green yarn? I'd like to get one for my mom. I really like the coasters too. I have not bought them yet, but I'd like too.

Unknown said...

The blanket is looking good, Jill. I can't even tell Suzanne's really tight square from my lost-a-stitch-or-two one!

Anonymous said...

Ok girlie...I've been putting your biz cards in with my jewelry left and right...and passing them out here and there also, so hopefully you'll get some business.

As for your Etsy shop, I think you should make more cosmetic bags, but in new colors - bright, fun, summer colors! And what about tank tops? I think that would be awesome. Perhaps some coffee koozers? I'm not sure what else, but the baby blankie looks awesome and I'm so excited for you about the house!

Related Posts with Thumbnails