Saturday, April 12, 2008

Snow on a Saturday in April?

Okay, so there's no snow on the ground, but when I woke up this morning, it was snowing/flurrying pretty darn heavily outside. It's cold as blankety-blank out there. I was supposed to hang out with Jayne this morning so Dad could play in a tournament.

When I called to see if he was still planning to play, he said it was too windy and cold. THAT's when you know it's crappy weather in KC - Dad stays home on a Saturday morning. He golfs in what most of us would consider bad weather conditions, but even he has his limits.

So, instead of going over there, I just been puttering. Watched the last 30 minutes of "Reality Bites," grading some essays over "All the President's Men," laundry, and cleaning house. I guess my "get stuff done" mojo is a little heavier when nice weather isn't calling my name.

I'm doing the essays in bits and pieces instead of all at once. That way, I won't go crazy. I think I'll probably go up to school tomorrow for a while - I'll be at convention later this week so I need to have three days of sub plans ready by Tuesday night. It works better if I'm not doing them as I'm trying to run out the door on Tuesday after school. Even though I don't want to work over the weekend, it'll pay off when I leave behind a cleaned off desk and a clean slate.

The work isn't too bad when I break it into bite-size chunks. A little knitting and crocheting mixed in helps as well.

Last night, Bets and I crafted, while Mitzi and Adam played guitar, so it was nice and relaxing. A good way to end the work week. Plus, "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" was on, so we definitely watched that while we ate pizza. I love it when random favorite movies of mine are on cable. "Reality Bites" is supposed to be on again tonight, and I've already set the DVR. I freakin' loved that movie in 1994, baby. Even better? It's on MoviePlex, so no commercials!

•••

In other news, I hope the weather is better in Wichita since the DeV's are moving today.

Off to work some, then go work out. (In the fitness center - I'm not running in 30-degree weather.)

This IS April, right?

1 comment:

Bets said...

How is it already a quarter to 7:00? I have been lounging around all day. Left the house once for about 30 minutes. Spent the rest of the day rotating between knitting, DVR-watching, crafting and napping.
I'm a lazy bum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails