Sunday, April 20, 2008

Snapshots - Anaheim

Here's a few quick snapshots from the trip. An hourlong nap once I returned to KC felt pretty good, but I'm still pretty darn sleepy, so this will be quick.

I'm fascinated with the palm trees. They are always the first thing to catch my eye when I fly into California. This photo was taken outside Hilo Hattie's in the Block At Orange, which is an outdoor shopping and dining area. The maestro kids did the reporting for their projects here.

The process of planning and thinking through pages and stories is what makes maestro work.

Um, maybe this is a delicacy only found in California? I'm not really sure what buff-U-lo wings are.

If you read the Wednesday afternoon post, about being next to the pool, now you're seeing what I saw. This is the courtyard of our hotel. Interestingly, it's the exact same hotel I stayed in while covering the 2003 NCAA tournament.

I didn't shoot very much at Disneyland because it was practically dark before we even got there. Here's the Hub, where you can choose to visit one of the other "lands" - Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Adventureland, Frontierland or Main Street.

Not once did I see Mickey or Minnie or Donald or Snow White walking around. I couldn't get my photo taken with any of the lifesize characters!

Here's the castle entrance into Fantasyland.

2 comments:

ksukim said...

I did get my pic taken with Mickey and Minnie. It was great to hang out with you this weekend. It's back to school and deadlines now.

chitknit said...

Dang. I should have stayed with you two when we split off!

Related Posts with Thumbnails