Tuesday, April 8, 2008

...a very very very fine house

Tomorrow's the day. Our little pink house officially goes on the market. I hope it sells quickly. It's a pain to live in a house that's being shown, so for Langston's sake, I hope it doesn't drag out.

Today at lunch, one of the other teachers was talking about her house, which has been on the market for SIX MONTHS. Please, God, don't let that conversation be an omen to what will happen with our house. Obviously, she's talking about a house in the KC area, not Wichita, and it's a house that suits a family of four, not our little starter house. I'm hoping we'll have better luck in our price range, and in the Wichita market. She said her house has been shown 35 times or something crazy like that.

I've been sort of bad about blogging lately. I guess my brain is too busy trying to keep everything straight. Work, three trips to Wichita in three weeks, cleaning and prepping the house and yard, preparing for a convention and trip to Anaheim next week - it's been a mountain of work. When I come home from school, I'm so tired. I had planned on staying at school until 5 tonight, but left about 20 minutes early because I couldn't focus on what needed to be done. This will be a long week, I think, just because I haven't had a RELAXING weekend in a while.

In my crystal ball, I see some quality sofa time - tons of stuff to catch up on the DVR. And, YIPPEE - "The Office" is back this week!!

I went over to the fitness center tonight, ran and watched the first half of "The Biggest Loser." It's almost over, and as soon as I throw a load of clothes in the washer, I'll be hitting the hay. Even though the "wrong" team won last night, I still had to stay up for "One Shining Moment" so I was up WAAAAY past my bedtime.

4 comments:

Bets said...

For some reason, I thought it was a good idea to stay up until 1:30 reading about the Hawks and looking at fan pictures. That was a BIG mistake as I can barely keep my eyes open right now!

Heather rules said...

Good luck with the house situation. Hope it does not take long. ;o)

Mike Shepherd said...

Angie and I really wanted to live in College Hill and would have loved to have found a cute little house like yours. Unfortunately there were none like it when we were looking. I've got to think there are some young couples (like us and you) who like the idea of living there. If it's in good shape, it shouldn't take long. There's a lot of crap on the market in Wichita.

Anonymous said...

good luck selling the house! Just remember to do all the little things that you should do and if you have an open house, pay attention to "staging" tactics. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails