Thursday, April 10, 2008

My new TV crush...Ace of Cakes

I've always flipped to "Ace of Cakes" since it's been on Food Network. Tonight, they ran the Chefography on Chef Duff.

We've been watching it a little more lately - it comes on at bedtime, so I watch as I'm falling asleep. I'm now totally addicted.

First of all, I love the cakes. I've always loved the challenge shows where they do the crazy cakes, and now I get to watch these crazy cakes all the time.

Second, I love that this young guy is doing what he loves and making a living at it, and that he gets to work with his friends. Remember that whole "Jill wants to own a yarn shop" thing? It's the same deal - get paid to do what you love.

Charm City Cakes make people happy. Who doesn't smile when you see something like an incredibly creative cake? It's happiness on a platter.

On Tuesday, the Charm City crew produced a cake that was a yarn basket for a woman's 90th birthday. It was awesome! They used an extruder to make the yarn, and the basket looked great, and you wouldn't believe the "knitted scarf" she made. (I think it was Anna but I can't remember.) I searched for a photo of it, but couldn't find one.

Off to watch the rest of tonight's show and head to bed.

3 comments:

Bets said...

Um, hello?!?!?
Wish I knew you were a Duff fan! I DVR Ace of Cakes every week!
P.S. The new ones usually come on at 9:00 or 9:30 on Thursdays. No new episode this week. :(

Heather rules said...

Those cakes are crazy. Wish I could do something like that, but I'm not really a baker. Love to cook, hate to bake.

Maria said...

I probably couldn't afford his cakes anyway, but I wish they had a store in Wichita!

Related Posts with Thumbnails