Saturday, April 26, 2008

A new Guitar Hero addict

Last night, Adam and I got back to our pre-teen routes, with our friends Matt and Megan.


Matt teaches Geometry and Algebra 2 at my school, so he came over to help Adam on his take-home math test. While the boys did homework, Megan and I played video games. It was like middle school all over again - homework and video games. Though Megan (or Megaaaaa, her new Wii name) did decide that really, it was a little opposite - the boys would normally be playing video games while the girls did homework.

It was Megaaaaa's first time with Guitar Hero - she did really well for a first-timer. I think she only got booed off the stage once, on her very first song. I think it was her cross-legged stance (see above) that got her in the zone...

Here's Matt rockin' out. Can't remember what song he was playing at that point, but check out his rock stance. Leg out, leanin' back - all we need is rock face and he'd a textbook GHer. They're getting married this summer, so I told them they should register for a Wii!

We played a little Wii Sports, too - bowling and tennis were probably the best.

We all had lots of fun, but it's also sad for Adam and I - Matt and Megan are moving back to be closer to their families this summer, after school gets out, so we'll miss them a lot. I think they'll either be near Omaha or all the way back to Sioux Falls. We've hung out with Matt quite a bit so far this year - he's been a good boy-space-friend for Adam. Megan moved here at semester after she graduated, so we've just gotten to know her better recently. They're into the same kind of music we are, and pretty much all-around laid back folks like us.

Hopefully we'll get to come out and play lots this summer before they move!

1 comment:

ksukim said...

When we lived in Coffeyville the stuff stayed by the curb for weeks before the city picked it up. By the time the city came by most of the stuff had been picked up. It was called junkin'.
I'm jealous about ybk distribution. I think we might meet our deadline Monday!
I miss Cali. The weather here is rainy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails