Saturday, June 9, 2007

Ahhh. Home Sweet Card Reader

After only a one-hour delay and a completely full flight, we made it home safely from Atlanta. Miraculous, actually, that leaving the ATL wasn't more of a pain in the neck. It usually is.

Had we not had the Arb Party tonight, we just might still be in Atlanta. AirTran had oversold our flight by, oh, about 150 people it seemed, so they were desperate for people like us to go standby and take two free round trip tickets. Sounds like a great deal, right? Not according to my good friend Amy. Yeah, ask her about her AirTran "free ticket" bonanza sometime.

Speaking of the Lawn Party/Croquet Tournament, let me post some photos. I'm very tired after getting up at 6:45 this morning to head to the airport, so I apologize in advance for the lack of witty commentary accompanying these photos.

My good friend and all-around cool chick Carrie Rengers and steward Robin Macy played host for this annual extravaganza. This was actually the first year we were able to attend. (Both of the last two years, I was in California over this weekend.)

Ain't we cute?
My favorite part of this photo is Maria's shadow in the lower left corner!


I think Adam is waiting for Baby Houseman to walk by, carrying a watermelon.


Cool centerpieces.


Marvelous Maria and Dapper Dan.
Two more reasons we'll miss Wichita when we make the big move.


Opps and Carter.
More missing Wichita.


Check out my mad croquet skills. It's a good thing I watched the movie "Heathers" 9,000 times when I was a kid.


Maria and Teresa (making her first appearance on the Chittum Files).


Denise and Chris and I having an improptu meeting of Book Club
(wait, that can't be right, I'm the only one with a drink in my hand).


The official referee/rules master of Croquet, Joe Stumpe.


It's Travis and Randy.
(Too bad they aren't in opposite order - then they'd be Randy Travis)



Here's the scarf I knit for the silent auction.
When we left, the bidding was at $30.


And, it wouldn't be the Chittums without the one-armed self-portrait.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the ChittumFiles. Keep em' coming! Jaime

Anonymous said...

I love the ChittumFiles. Keep em' coming! Jaime

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to publish that twice but, oh well, it's worth it. Jaime

Anonymous said...

we can we get some pics on the facebook? i was wanting the ones w/me adam and molly, the one w/me adam and the rev and anything else cool...joshua

Related Posts with Thumbnails