Monday, June 25, 2007

Chittum Challenge not going so well

So, I haven't weighed lately, but after a week of staying with my parents (who NEVER have food in the house), it's probably not going too well.

Especially since we just ate Mexican food (chips, salsa and margaritas) after the wake. At 9 p.m. Usually I don't eat past 7:30. That's pretty much blown out of the water this last week. I was doing really well - I exercised the first four days in KC, but then our bedside -vigil schedule kinda got in the way.

Last night we stayed in the RV park in Bella Vista, with mom and dad and Jayne. Then, this morning we got up and drove to Ozark and Altus. It was fun driving through the mountains, remembering all the small towns and sights that grandma and grandpa used to take us to.

It was a lot of fun having dinner with everyone tonight - all the aunts, uncles and cousins. Why is it that it takes something like a funeral to get everyone together like that? It happens at weddings, I guess, too, but we really should do what Ferris Bueller says - Stop and look around once in a while.

Just because we have cell phones and and email and blogs we shouldn't stop getting together.

Anywho. Enough sermon for tonight.

I have knitting to do before bed.

2 comments:

Mike Shepherd said...

"Just because we have cell phones and and email and blogs we shouldn't stop getting together."

after spending the past weekend at my ten year reunion, i couldn't agree with you more. i'm sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with your family.

Maria said...

I'm impressed you're still updating your blog through all this. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails