Thursday, June 7, 2007

More Vacay News

Today we ate at a diner with dishes like the "Love Me Tender" Salad. Joshua chose that. We laughed just hearing him order it.

I went with the BLT, and sweet potato souflee. Definitely a tasty choice, and it wasn't tons of greasy fried food or a giant burger. And honestly, I didn't even crave a giant burger.

More news on the Challenge. Adam weighed yesterday. He's holding steady at his starting weight. I will weigh tomorrow morning, just for a progress check, though I don't think I'll really count it until we get back and I can weigh on my own scale Tuesday morning.

After lunch at the diner, I went to the Piedmont Fitness Center to work out. Since Michael is a member there, I got to try it out for a day. Certainly no Y, by any means, but not bad - your usual treadmills, ellipticals, weight machines, etc. I worked out for an hour, starting and ending on the treadmill, with 40 minutes of elliptical in between. Their elliptical machine was kinda cool - you can set it on aerobic mode, and it gives you various instructions, helping to change up your typical workout. I liked that setting.

We're on our way to Atlanta tonight to see the Braves - ahhh, Chipper Jones. Unfortunately, I won't be adding another ballpark to my collection. I've been to Turner Field once before, during the NLCS back in 1999 or 2000. Oh well. It's still nice to be able to see the Braves play the Cubs. Works out well. My team vs. Adam's team. We'll see who gets the spoils tonight.

Game time 7:35 pm.

By the way, is anyone else out there totally pissed about this whole Paris Hilton thing?

As soon as the cell closes, Paris starts crying, whining, saying that the cell is too cold. They let this go on for three days and decide to let her out? For a medical condition. Are you freaking kidding me? What did they expect this person who is ONLY FAMOUS FOR BEING RICH to do when she went to jail? Of course she'll whine and complain.

I can't wait to find out how they explain the medical condition.

But you know what? Isn't that the point of jail? You're not supposed to like it. It's supposed to be a deterrent. At least now we don't have to watch the ridiculous news coverage (on respectable networks) with graphics like "Paris Watch: Day 2." I watched with glee this morning as the CNN anchors could barely contain their disdain for both Paris Hilton and the American Justice System. I'm actually sort of surprised people haven't used this as a rallying cry/excuse to riot. Super rich white woman doesn't have to serve any REAL time. But the rest of us would rot in the county lockup for at least 40 days if we had done what she did.

I'm sure she'll be showing off her diamond-encrusted ankle bracelet to all of her friends when she invites them over for her "House Arrest" themed party. We'll be seeing it in the pages of US Magazine next week.

Let's just say a prayer that next time she gets trashed and drives, she doesn't kill someone. Because, I'm pretty sure she'd go to real jail then. And I hope to God they wouldn't let her out of that one.

3 comments:

Stacey Jenkins said...

hey girl - just read on MSN.com that Paris was sent BACK to jail - a judge ordered her back and said the county attorneys had no authority to release her early - I guess they she freaked out in court and they literally dragged her back kicking and screaming to jail - hooray! I had completely lost faith in this country at that point.

Cary said...

The CNN.com helicopter footage of her being taken back to jail had me rolling on the floor. In particular, the pilot's commentary. It looked like the running of the bulls with all the photographers running after the cruiser!

chitknit said...

Yeah, kinda makes me embarrassed to be a member of the media when I see footage like that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails