Friday, June 1, 2007

Captain's Log - Star Date 060107

Well, I've spent my first full day in Georgia. One thing is for sure - there is no wind here like we have in Kansas. I went for a two-miler today (and walked an additional 40 minutes) and there was no "breeze" to cool me off like there usually is back home. I did, however, see a real-live woodpecker, and he looked JUST LIKE Woody the Woodpecker. If I hadn't been running, and I'd had my camera, I could have made a great photo. He didn't fly away when I passed by.

(I'm typing this on a PC and I can't figure out how to make bullets. There's no Apple key.)

So, (this one's for you, Amy) Airtran sucks. Adam's checked bag did not make it to Atlanta with the rest of us. Thankfully, it WAS mostly just clothes, but come on, folks. It was a tiny backpack, not that heavy. Could we not have slung it up on the carousel? So, he's spent all day back and forth on the 800 number trying to sort it all out.

I had the middle seat in our row. Next to me sat Smokey McDrunkernervousflyer. Here's the problem with this guy:
a.) He was just about the last guy to board the plane, and he had a GIANT carryon that didn't fit in the overhead.
b.) He smelled like he has been smoking since birth (probably the reason he was the last guy on the plane).
c.) He drank four bloody marys during our hour and 45 minute flight.
d.) Hence, he reeked of alcohol.
e.) He tried to talk to me about my knitting project.
f.) He took up the EN-tire armrest most of the flight.
g.) He was constantly fidgeting with something.

I've been lucky most of my life. Usually my airplane neighbors are okay. This guy took the cake.

One thing about Airtran that did rock the house, though - Satellite Radio. I. HEART. Satellite Radio. Adam and I have decided that as a mutual Chittum Challenge reward if we both meet our goal weight, we will subscribe to SR. I can't wait!

(Here's where I need the bullets again)

Speaking of the Chittum Challenge, we ate a place called Zaxby's today. They are famous for their hot wings, and all manner of deep fried foods. I had a "Ranchero Salad." Yes, I wanted the chicken tenders and fries at first, but the more I thought about it, the salad sounded great. I guess that whole "cognitive approach" must be working, Kat!

Man, I have tons of photos to show, but you'll just have to wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You said takes the cake two blogs in a row. Just fyi. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails