Tuesday, June 19, 2007

It's font fate (this one's for you, Bonnie and Trina)

So, I was just riding around Shawnee with my cousin John, whom I haven't seen probably since Adam and I got married (almost four years ago), and he was telling me about his band. He plays the bass.

"What's the name of your band?" I asked.

"Trebuchet," he said, pronouncing it "tree-bush-ay". All of my lovely journalism kiddoes will recognize this - it's the name of my old favorite font. (My new one is Gill Sans). Of course, the reason I had to give you the pronunciation key for the band name is that in Room K11, we have a fondness for saying the font is actually called "Treebucket."

How weird is that. He said I'm the second person who has said "Oh, you mean like the font?"

We went over to hang a new birdfeeder at my Grandma Jarsulic's window in her assisted living home. She wasn't in her room at the time, though. Probably off playing bingo for chocolates or watching an old B/W movie somewhere.

We're getting ready to go back to the hospital to see Grandma Sax here in a little bit.

I came home a little early last night so Mom could go back. When I left last night, she was really unresponsive, and the chaplain had called for a Catholic priest. It wasn't looking good. She had been out of it all day, not talking or anything. I guess she went down for an MRI about 10 p.m., and when she came back up, she was being spunky, talking to everyone, and she was totally understandable. (She hadn't been really clearly speaking for a few days.) Maybe being closed up in the MRI machine brought her back out of it for a little bit, or something. Who knows.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading your blog, it's probably that her ammonia levels flucuate and if it's high, then she is sleepy and not understandable and when it drops, she acts normal.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Chittum it's Michelle from Newspaper. I just got back from KU today and wanted to say thanks again for the scholarship and tell you that I met your Editor in Chief for next year. She's really nice and did a pretty good redesign whil we were there. Good luck with everything!

Suzanne said...

Hey there... Just wanted to let you know that I LEARNED TO KNIT TONIGHT!! (Feel free to applaud. Go ahead.) Learned from Amy D., in fact, so doesn't that make you, like, my knitting teacher once removed, or something?

I'm very sorry to hear about your Grandma. Will keep her and your family in prayers.

As for the "Treebucket" band... too funny. I should start a band called Palatino.

Anonymous said...

Mine will be Zapf Dingbats

chitknit said...

I guess I'm kinda like your knitting grandma, then!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails