Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Cheese Steaks, Cream Cheese and the Liberty Bell

Life on the road makes you tired. But, I'm so glad to be hanging out with Amy again. I've been looking forward to this trip, since we don't get to see one another so often anymore.


Posting from HQ on the 10th floor of the downtown Marriott in Philadelphia this evening. I'm so glad the convention hotel is a Marriott. They have the softest beds, best pillows and down comforters. They make it really hard to get out of bed on time in the morning.

I must say, though, how UNexcited I was to read a feature story in today's USA Today: "Sleep Tight, Don't Let the Bedbugs Bite." The story was all about how bedbugs, once thought to have been eradicated, have infested all major cities and every state in the U.S. Dis-gusting. Thank God we're staying in a Marriott, and I haven't seen any telltale red spots on the bed. I love to travel, but reading a story like that makes me want to stay home.

Remember that big pile of yarn? Here's it's evolution:

On the first leg of my trip - the flight from KCI to Milwaukee. I flew Midwest Airlines for the first time. Every seat is like a first-class seat - nice and wide, and some sort of pleather-ish upholstery. AND, they bring you warm chocolate chip cookies during the flight.

Here it is once I got to the room, next to a bag of the same pattern that Amy is working on. I love the colors in her bag. It'll look great when felted.


Tomorrow, during the Maestro project, we'll have teams of kids reporting and photographing at the Reading Market. It's right across the street from our hotel. You've probably seen it featured on Food Network. We ate dinner tonight at Maggiano's, which I've also seen on FoodTV. My eggplant parm was pretty tasty, but it was too sauce-covered.


We're takin' it easy in the room for a bit. We've got a meeting here in a few minutes.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Looks like you're having a blast! Have a safe trip home!

Chris said...

I love Philadelphia, especially in the fall. Enjoy it for me!

Kathryn said...

Have a great time girlie!

Maria said...

Have a cheesesteak for me and Dan. You're so lucky! I love Philly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails