Saturday, November 24, 2007

Weekend in photos- Random is the word

Well, I don't have a lot to SAY about the last few days, but here are some random photos from the weekend's events.

As you will see, when we were walking around on the plaza, I got on some sort of photos of windows kick.

Of course, it's Thanksgiving weekend. It's Kansas City. It's 20 degrees outside. Let's go look at the Plaza Lights.


Amy and I ran around all day Friday. We did yarn stores, thankfully avoiding big-box MegaLo Marts and thus, avoiding crowds. We at lunch at d'Bronx on Bell Street. Great pizza. Here's a photo of some random people eating there.

I saw the other day that they're opening a d'Bronx at 103rd and Metcalf. Weird. Again, the suburbanites want to feel urban without leaving the friendly confines of Johnson County, I guess.

I stopped for coffee after an hour or so of walking around on the plaza. Here's Adam holding my coffee.

As I said, Amy and I only did yarn stores, so it really as Yarn-O-Rama.


Help me out here. I don't "get" Urban Outfitters window dressings. Everything is crossed out, Xed out, edited looking, but when you read the un-edited words, they don't make sense. What are they trying to tell us here?

Other bloggers posted turkey photos, so here's Adam's. He did a great job all by himself on dinner for six.

After turkey dinner, we played Tiger Woods Golf on Wii.

After 15 holes (about two hours) of Tiger Woods Golf, I gave up and started knitting. Joshua had to take over for me (I was Annika Sorenstam). Okay, the game is fun, but it starts to get a little boring and frustrating, especially when Annika wasn't having the round of her life. Although, I did get a couple of birdies and one eagle. Too bad the "exceeding the stroke limit" on the other holes completely negated those.

Oh, we also did Extreme Team Trivia Wednesday night. Our team, "That's What She Said" qualified for the big money no whammies final round in two weeks. So much to say about that adventure, but it'll have to wait until I can post the photos and video.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

The turkey looks awesome and I'm diggin' Adam's burly beard.

Kathryn said...

Girl, you are busy!! And the plaza lights...one memory I will never forget going there year after year and eating at some fancy restaurant there. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails