Sunday, November 18, 2007

I think I can...I think I can...

Now that I think about it, that little phrase really fits in with many aspects of my life.

Running: I think I can run four miles today. (Yes, I did that!)
Knitting: I think I can figure out this crazy stitch pattern I've never tried before.
Teaching: I think I can find some new and exciting way to engage 20 kids for 53 minutes at a time.

The Jacksonville marathon training is officially off. We think one of the Running Chittums (not I) has a stress fracture in his left foot. The only "fix" for a stress fracture? No activity for six to eight weeks. In a way, it's probably a good thing, because we really shouldn't be spending what would probably be over $1000 bucks on the trip. Flight, hotel, race registration makes it an expensive proposition. I'm going to continue training, and start looking for an event that is within driving distance from KC.

As I was trying to organize and do a little housekeeping on the blog yesterday, I looked back at my original post. It was something about Resolutions, and one was to run 750 miles this year. I had started, and done a decent job of keeping track, but in all the craziness of moving, changing jobs, life, etc., I stopped keeping track. I think I'm going to add a spot somewhere on here where I just add up the miles each time I run. Maybe I could turn it into some kind of challenge.

You might have noticed that there are now Google Ads on TheChittumFiles. I've decided to try to make this blogging thing a bit of a business. I'm already doing it, it doesn't take any overhead, and it's something I enjoy. Might as well make a little dough in the process. Each time a reader clicks on one of the ads, I get paid for it. Okay, so I thought it would be like a nickel a click or something, but I've had it on my site since the beginning of November, and I'm on pace to make over $50 this month. Not bad considering reasons previously stated. What I'm hoping is that I can use that money to bolster savings for eventually starting my own business. (I'm sure yarn and knitting needles will be somehow involved in said business.)

It's kind of funny, though, how random some of the ads are. Google crawls my site and decides what relevant ads to post. When I was posting from Philly, they were advertising apartments in Philly, restaurants in Philly. Of course, usually they are knitting-related ads. But, once, and I can't even remember what I posted about, one of the ads was for "Gay-Friendly Autos." It's nice to make the extra dough, but it's also interesting for me to see what kind of content I drive...

Two days of school this week. It will be nice to have a break. We're doing the big turkey day at Mom and Dad's, but Adam will be doing the cooking. (It was either that or Mom picking up the "Festive Turkey Dinner" from Dillon's.) I think we all can agree we went with the better choice.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails