Sunday, November 4, 2007

Okay, I'm out there.

I've officially put up three bags for sale on this website. It's incredibly rudimentary, though. No clicking to put in cart, no ordering online. It's pretty much only my friends and family who read this thing anyway, so if one of you sees something you like, and you want to be able to say "I gave her her first dollar" someday, just comment or e-mail me and let me know what you want.

Mom and I had the sweat shop going last night. She was the machine seamstress, I was the hand-stitcher. She doesn't, ahem, trust me with the sewing machine. I don't blame her though, since I really haven't used a sewing machine since seventh grade home ec class.

I am really proud of the Red-Eye bag. I love the shape of it, and how we problem-solved to create the long straps that I wanted. It's officially the first thing she and I have designed on our own.

Check it out:

I really like this bag. The sweater was a beautiful color that lent itself to felting really well.


Here's the first one we made. Most of you have probably seen it before.


Here's the back view.


I promise - this isn't going to turn into a shopping website. It's just that right now, it's the easiest way to show off the work.

•••

In other news, we did our nine-mile run today. It's Adam's longest run ever. It took about an hour and 40 minutes. We're doing six-minute bursts with one-minute walk breaks in between. I think next time we do a long run, we'll move the bursts up to eight minutes. Our plan is to run 10 minutes, walk one minute during the race.

We did a couple of major hills today, because we took a new route. Running along a Florida beach will seem like a cakewalk - I think the race website says there's a total elevation change of just 25 feet during the entire race. Piece of cake (I hope).

I'm sure we'll be a little sore tomorrow, but it's worth it.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

How much for the red sweater purse? I really like it. You can email me at work tomorrow.

Good job on the running? Did you finish the workout challenge?

Anonymous said...

Chicken, I LOVE the maroon argyle bag!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails