Monday, November 5, 2007

My love-hate relationship with Daylight-Saving Time

It's 8:30, but I'm ready for bed. My body thinks it's 9:30, and on school nights, I usually hit the hay about that time.

I hope that my posts don't take a decidedly depressing turn, now that it will be getting dark a 5 p.m. I don't mind the crisp fall air, the leaves changing colors, wearing jackets to work, but I abhor the shortened days. My body just wants to take 'er easy when it gets dark. I'm pretty sure I have seasonal affective disorder. At least we got a few extra days of daylight-saving time before we had to change the clocks.

In the mornings, though, at least for the first few days of standard time, I love it. It felt like it was 6:30 this morning when I was waking up at 5:30 for school. It's just a few days in the year when I actually can try to be a "morning person."

I'm so not.

Every time I typed a time in this post, I hit the shift key for the first number, so I had to go back and delete on every one of them. I told you, it's my bedtime.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails