Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Chillaxin' on the snow (?) day

All right, everybody - next time I say we're having a snow day - please remind me to turn OFF the alarm clock. I DID sleep in today, but only after I woke up at 5:45, walked across the bedroom and turned off the alarm, and then again at 7:15 when I did the same thing.

I went back to bed, slept til about 9, got up, made some coffee, checked the blogs, and watched a girl movie since Adam slept in even later than I did. "Because I Said So" with Mandy Moore, Diane Keaton - okay movie, but glad that I got it for free from the Dunes clubhouse. Probably wouldn't have been worth the price of admission. But, for a day off from work, it was a pretty mindless movie to accompany some mindless knitting.

I'm working on a doll blanket to donate for the Sunflower Knitting Guild's Christmas Service Project. The knitted items will be given to needy Native American Families. I guess in the past, the little girls have always asked for blankets for their baby dolls.

I thought this would be a good excuse to use up some of the stash that my Uncle Mark passed my way from one of his houses. It's tons of baby weight Red Heart Yarn, and the price tags on most of it say $1.19, so it's probably almost as old as I am. I noticed one of the stickers says "Lee Wards" crafts store. I think I remember going there with my mom when I was a kid, but I'm not sure. So, it's safe to say it's "vintage" acrylic yarn...


The colors on the blanket are a little funky, but since it's for a little kid, they might like it. Who knows. Here's what it looked like right before I went to bed last night.


Here's what it looks like now, after knitting and watching "Because I Said So" and "Hollywoodland" this morning.


It's a log cabin pattern, taken from the book Mason Dixon Knitting. Great book. Lots of cool patterns. If I get really brave (or bored) while I'm at home today, I might try to crochet an edge along all the sides. We'll see.

The weather report: It's raining. There's ice on the grass, but the streets are just wet. It's supposed to rain all night tonight, with temperatures at 15 degrees during the morning commute Wednesday. Looks like we'll probably be back in school tomorrow. Or, at the very least, we won't get called until the break of dawn, so that they'll actually KNOW the streets will be bad.

Any bets?

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

sounds like a pleasant day. Mine went fairly quickly. I'm caught up at work, so that's good. Hope tomorrow isn't bad

Amy D. said...

Kyle was a doll and slept until 8:30! Certainly sleeping in for us.

chitknit said...

I wish I could say I was caught up at work...But, we do get a whole work day when we come back from holiday break, which will be nice. We never got one of those at Derby.

chitknit said...

Sounds like Kyle's getting better at the whole sleeping game. Lucky for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails