Tuesday, December 18, 2007

So. Darn. Close.

Seriously - students start finals tomorrow. As sore as my neck and shoulders and head are, you'd think I'm taking 75 honors finals this week as well.

I really do like my job, but finals, holidays and a 50-page yearbook deadline five days after kids get back from break is not a recipe for happiness...

I need a good, old-fashioned, Chainsaw-style tension breaker (a la the 1987 cinema classic "Summer School"). Had to be done.




At least we're on a finals schedule that makes sense for both teachers and students: three exams Wednesday, kids go home before lunch. Two Thursday, kids go home at 10:30, three Friday, kids go home at 10:30. That means the teachers actually can get exams graded and grades posted and have a tiny bit of afternoon work time before vacation. I wonder if Derby every got their finals schedule to make more sense?

On a good note: I did get word today that one of my students won First Place in the KSPA Story of The Month - News Story last month. Pretty cool, and she was really excited - another certificate for her ever-growing résumé.

To all the teachers who read this: Congrats on getting through the first 18 weeks!

1 comment:

Bets said...

I don't know if I can really say that I survived the first 18 weeks. I've come out with countless headaches, sore hands from grading too many papers, and a few extra pounds from all the chocolate I needed to get me through each week! Congrats to YOU for a bearable next three days! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails