Saturday, December 1, 2007

When UFOs attack

They look like this:

I'm sort of buried in unfinished objects lately. I've just been too interested in trying different patterns and different types of yarn. I suppose my knitting attention span is getting shorter by the day.

That photo shows:
1. Adam's sweater vest (by now infamous).
2. Amy's bag (See that strap? I worked on it this morning while watching two episodes of "Pushing Daisies.")
3. Yes, that pink thing is a halter. NOT for me, by God. I just thought is was a cute pattern and something I'd never tried before, so I did it. Might throw it in with the craft show stuff next week - some little chippy might want it. Who knows.
4. Another (possible) dish cloth for the craft show (possibly). At this point, it's not looking like it will be done by then, so it will most likely morph into something else.

I did, however, recently knit myself a hat - I'd been wanting a hat and scarf set for a while.

I whipped up this sucker while we watched "Blood Diamond" on the Friday after Thanksgiving. It's Lamb's Pride Bulky, in creme and spruce. Might start working on the scarf any day now.

Check out the scarf Adam is wearing - he KNIT IT HIMSELF. If I can teach him how to knit, I think I can teach anybody! Now he's working on one for Mommaw for Christmas. Since she lives in Colorado these days, she might be in need of winter wear goodness.


So, I mentioned "Pushing Daisies" earlier. Anybody watching it? I had been DVRing all season, and finally decided that a cold, rainy Saturday was a good time to start watching. What a darling little show. And, yes, it's about death, and YES, I did mean darling. The writing is so tight - the lines come fast and furious, and I love Chi McBride's dry delivery. PD will probably soon be added to the ever-growing list of TV shows I watch.

•••

My mom and I went up to the Legends this afternoon for a little shopping. I haven't been there in so long. All I had ever seen was Cabela's, Nebraska Furniture Mart, and the Great Wolf Lodge. My lord, now it's like the Barry Bonds version of Bradley Fair - TONS of great shopping, and just about any casual dining chain you can think of.

I'm headed out now to see "August Rush" with Betsy. Adam's been up to his neck in football (and basketball) games all day, so we're going to a chick movie.

Gotta scoot.

1 comment:

Bets said...

Thanks for "date" night. Sorry I'm such a cry baby in movies! I've probably scared you away from ever wanting to hang out again! ;)
LOVE your new hat! I have some beautiful yarn that I bought a year ago in Santa Fe that I haven't done anything with yet. I might have to hire you to make me something beautiful with it! Have a great week! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails