Sunday, December 30, 2007

I don't need no stinkin' Wii to keep me happy

Here's one of the other things that Mom bought me for Christmas. It's a Mama Bear yarn swift and ball winder. The swift is made by the Oregon Wood Worker, and it comes in pieces. It's super easy to put together, and works like a champ. Check it out.


Betsy brought over some beautiful yarn she had purchased in Santa Fe. It was all still in hanks, so it was a perfect chance to make some more yarn cakes.

Yarn cakes are great to knit from because they don't roll around like balls, plus, they just look damn pretty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those winders are awesome, Jill. I have a shot of Rachel helping my niece wind yarn at my sister's last summer in California.

Hope you had a great holiday!

Bets said...

YEAH for yarn! I've tripled what I started with last night. Can't wait to get to the point where I can't do anymore and you will have to help me! ;)

Chris said...

How cool are Amish girl gifts?

Bets said...

How sad is it that I apparently got that hot pink yarn in 2007 and I STILL haven't finished anything with it :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails