Friday, December 28, 2007

The Seven Ages of Sock

I had to use that as the title because we've been watching "The Seven Ages of Rock" on VH1, and tonight's was American Alternative music. So, while watching what was basically "Behind the Music: Kurt Cobain" with a dash of R.E.M. and Pearl Jam thrown in, I worked on this sock.


As you can see, it's knit on size 1 needles with thin yarn, which are about as big as toothpicks, so it will probably take a while. I started it it yesterday, so I've made quite a bit of progress.

I like knitting with self-striping yarn because it's fun to see how the colors look once they're knitted. It's quite different from seeing them in the skein.

Check out my "Perfect for Online Auctions" portable lighting studio. Santa brought it to me. It has two different color backgrounds, and it's own tiny tripod. If I ever get my shiznit together and get an Etsy site up, I'll be able to shoot merchandise photos, even when the weather is bad.


We were supposed to be in Wichita tonight, but Adam is currently in quarantine. He's been sick for the last three days, and today was the first day he didn't spend almost the whole day in bed, and he actually ate something today. So, hopefully he'll be better fast. Looks like we'll be down for New Year's and I will get to do the Frosty 5 with Kat. It's kind of a tradition for us, so I'm glad I'll get to do it this year.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

That's a cool lighting studio. Did your mom buy it?

Bets said...

I'm so jealous of your lighting studio. Your pics look great! I think I'm going to start posting pictures of some of my Etsy stuff on my blog ... just to spread the word a bit more. Slowly but surely, it's all coming together!
Tell Adam to get better ... you can't waste your winter break in bed being sick :)

chitknit said...

Not mom - Santadam bought this one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails