Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A cautionary whale...

for stupid 20-year-old boys: DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, go to "Juno" expecting to see "Superbad" just because Michael Cera is in it. Or, at least, don't sit in the row directly behind us.

It is not "Superbad II." Inappropriately timed guffawing really reduces the enjoyment of the moviegoing experience for the rest of us. Seriously - have you seen the freaking previews, dudes?

I'm like Betsy, I'll have to see it again so I can actually hear the dialogue that followed the laugh lines. Plus, the "smartest" one in the bunch must have felt like he needed to make sure the other guys saw everything, because every five minutes he said: "Hey, did you see that?" or "Hey, they both have hamburger phones." Good eye, Einstein. Thanks for keeping us all up to date.

It is, however, a damn good flick. Ellen Page rocked, but most of you probably already know that because of the buzz surrounding the movie. JK Simmons, of "The Closer," plays her dad. His character was an ex-military man, but he wasn't the stereotypical hard-ass dad to his teenage daughter.

Post-movie, we had dinner at Granite City. It's been quite a while since we ate there, but we are still members of the Mug Club, so we took advantage of the cheap beers and food discounts.

•••

As promised, here are a few photos from the Doodah days. I really didn't shoot too much, though.

Here's Kat rounding the last corner during the Frosty 5K. I had just enough time after I crossed the finish line to run down to the locker room, grab my camera, zip back upstairs and there she was coming around the corner. Good timing. Notice how bundled up she is.


My date for the New Year's Eve party - Amy.


Hostess with the mostess - Denise. So good to see her again.

Stan and Denise work together to take a photo of something - I think it was birthday girl Lori and Dale.

It was very nice - most of the bloggers we know were at the party, so we all got together for a photo of blog nation you can see here.

Earlier that day, I had a very nice lunch with Jeff, Kat and my girl Lauryn. She cooked me up some good microwave corn in her new Dora kitchen. It was a nice appetizer before Kat cooked up some Buffalo Wing Casserole that tasted even better than plastic corn.

She's such a ham - you'd think her mom was a scrapbooking maniac wouldn't you?

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

She's a ham because Terri W. takes pictures of her all the time. I'll have to check Juno out...sounds good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails