Friday, January 25, 2008

The first annual ChittumFiles Contest for a Good Cause - Entry Deadline Feb. 10

See this pretty yarn? It could be yours - in scarf form, in just a few short weeks...


I am participating on a faculty team for BVHS's Relay For Life on Feb. 22 and 23. Some of you may be familiar with Relay for Life. It's a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Relay is the signature nationwide activity of ACS. Throughout the night, my teammates and I will walk the track. Cancer never sleeps, and neither will we.

Cancer has touched so many people in our lives: family members, friends, co-workers. Adam and I will be participating in honor of his mom, Vicki, who has so courageously fought through breast cancer this year. Research funded by the ACS has helped make great strides in the treatment of this disease.

Here's where the contest comes in: Each blog commenter who pledges to donate at least $10 to the cause will be eligible to win a drawing for a handknit scarf made of this Paton's Soy with Stripes yarn. Post a comment, let me know you're up for it (you don't need to mention your amount on the comment), and I'll e-mail you with information on how to donate. I would like to have all checks collected by Feb. 10, so that I can turn them in to my team captain, Manal. Our team goal is for each person to raise $100, but I know the readers of the ChittumFiles can do better than that.

Thanks in advance for your support. Your donation is tax deductible, and you will receive documentation from the ACS to acknowledge the donation.

If you have any questions, e-mail me at thechittumfiles at gmail dot com (type it in with no spaces between the username words).

The winner of the contest will be announced on Feb. 22 (the date of Relay) and your scarf will be mailed the Monday following the event.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

In memory of Grandma Sax, we will donate $50 for the relay. Don't enter us in your contest though....altho I think I already donated the yarn..ha!

Kathryn said...

I'm in!

Chris said...

Jill, as a survivor of thyroid cancer I will help you out and donate to your cause.

Amy D. said...

I'm in. But I've gotta know...what will be the method of selecting your "winner"? (We're all winners, I know) But will this be a random drawing or what? (-;

chitknit said...

Random drawing. Every person who contributes will get their name thrown in a hat. I'll have Adam draw the winner.

Makes checks payable to American Cancer Society and you can send them to my home address.

Anonymous said...

You are very special. Thank you for honoring me. I am grateful.

Unknown said...

Send me the info, Jill. I'll sponsor you! - julie.mah@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails