Saturday, January 5, 2008

Fabulous Friday Felting

I finished Aunt Alice's bag, so I threw it in the washer last night while Adam and I were watching "Thank You For Smoking" and "Derailed." I ran the washer on two medium, hot water cycles. I'm wondering if Alice will want it smaller still. It's quite a bit larger than the first bag I made. Here are some photos, for comparison:

Right before it went in the hotwater bath. Check out my fly new project bag I got from Amy for Christmas. Love it. Just so you know, size-wise, the paper you can see in the bag is regular 8.5 by 11, so that should help give you some scale.

Here's what it looks like now, after two wash cycles.

It looks like a Mama Bear bag and makes mine look like a little Baby Bear bag.

•••

Okay, now for a little running talk - does anyone who reads this blog own a Nike+iPod? I bought one awhile back for $10 during the Tigerfest fire sale. I've owned it for about six weeks, but haven't used until just the other day. I don't wear Nikes so I had to get a pouch that fits over my shoelaces to hold the sensor. I got everything ready to, had Adam put the sensor on my shoes and went to run. It already says replace the battery. I used it for MAYBE an hour.

I'm looking for a little insight as to the battery life. If you have one, how often do you change it?

I plan on using it today, so I'm hoping it'll last at least one more run before I have to get a new battery. It's already 48 outside, working on a high or 59, according to the Weather Channel. I'm ready to get out and hit the path again instead of the dang old treadmill.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, I love seeing your completed knitting projects. They're so cute! I got your e-mail about your shop. Will you be taking custom orders? Just curious. It's not what you know, it's who you know, right?

Anonymous said...

That purse is awesome-looking, Jill. The colors are so pretty. Your aunt will love it!

chitknit said...

Lori -
I'd be happy to take custom orders. For smaller items, it shouldn't take too long. Let me know if you're interested in anything!

Thanks,
J

Related Posts with Thumbnails