Friday, January 11, 2008

Too tired to think of a creative title, so it is what it is

Okay, so it's the end of the week, and there are a few things on the desk, but if you could have seen it before I went home for Christmas break, you would realize what a step forward this is for me...


This one, below, is what my classroom looks like from the corner where my desk is. It looks strange, even to me, because I so rarely spend any time sitting in my chair back there.


We made our yearbook deadline today. The editors stayed after for just about an hour, until we got the last page uploaded. It's so nice to have conscientious kids to work with.

I was looking through the card I shot the desk photos on, and here's a pic of one of the kids working. She's actually been voted next week's Staffer of the Week, because she's been rocking everyone's socks with her hard work - getting it done on time, and even picking up extra tasks when asked (without TOO much gnashing of teeth).


Plus, it's just nice to have kids who will sit down and copy-edit a page, and do it well. (Sorry, O Copy Editors out there who might be reading this - high school students just don't see that as a glamour job.)

•••

Adam and I just got home from the little Johnny's, where we hung out after school with Betsy, Mitzi, Adam's boy-friend, Mike, Denise, Manal, Chelsea and the principal of Adam's school. It was a nice little happy-hour get-together. I think we're going to watch a movie (Please, God, not "House of 1000 Corpses").

I'll be working on some more knitted goodies, hoping to update my Etsy site this weekend.

4 comments:

Bets said...

Yep ... it's still about 100x neater than my desk!

Anonymous said...

No glamour in copy editing, are you kidding me? The Eagle copydesk is one of the funnest groups in the newsroom! You get to win fantastic prizes ($25) every month for writing the best headline. Check it out:

http://blogs.kansas.com/editors/

Cary said...

I want to know what's in the picture frame that faces away from your desk. First Amendment?

chitknit said...

Julie - I know, I know. Good copy editors are hard to find. I have a couple that I am "grooming."

Cary - Nope, but a good guess. It's actually a frame given to every staff member at BVHS, that talks about becoming the dream that our principal has for the school and for all of us. It has a pretty cool digital illustration on it, and a list of some of the accolades received by groups in the building. Happy to report that "Reflections Yearbook: All Kansas Award" is one of the things listed.

Must say - you're very observant! I also have a "piece of the mountain" that we're trying to scale. We just got those on the day back from break. I should shoot a photo of those two things - it's a whole other blog post...

Related Posts with Thumbnails