Monday, January 14, 2008

What a disappointment - Xtreme Team Trivia

We haven't played trivia since Christmas break. We were all excited because the little baby Johnny's just a block from the apartment is now hosting trivia on Monday nights.

The plusses:
1. Smoke free.
2. Family establishment. No ridiculous teams of college girls naming themselves after tampons (Pearl Girls) or even more horribly - names based completely on certain, um, positions. I'm not going any further than that because I don't want inappropriate ads on my site!
3. Small place. So small that the sheer number of teams that could fit in there would make our chances of being champs even better.
4. They start at 8 p.m., not 9. I can be home in bed before 11 most likely! Trivia is always on school nights, after all.

The big fat minus:
The freaking Xtreme Team Trivia website says the 10-week session starts tonight at the Johnny's on 135th. Not so. Stupid KU game was on, so no go on trivia. Did they put that little nugget of info on the website? Negatory.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the great thing about the internet is that it can be updated constantly, quickly, and most of all, pretty damn easily. Like, I can type this post, post it, decide I want to change one word or phrase and do it instantly. I'm not even a webmaster. Surely the trivia folks can figure that out?!

Unfortunately, we were not made aware of this scheduling change until we showed up at Johnny's. I had to text everyone else and tell them to put the cars back in the garages because there would be no trivia tonight. We were all ready, too - been jonesin' since it's been a few weeks since we played.

At least Adam and I only had to go a block away. I would have been HOT if we'd have driven all the way across town for that.

6 comments:

Bets said...

Thank goodness that text messaging is also instant ... I had one foot out the door, when you wrote to tell me the bad news.
Maybe we should ask Xtreme Team Trivia to send a courier pigeon to inform us of the cancellations. Would that make it easier on them?

Kathryn said...

Bummer.

Jaime said...

Wonder if you'll start seeing ads for tampons since you mentioned them. Tee-hee.

chitknit said...

Maybe they could try smoke signals? Morse code?

Heather rules said...

Hey Jill, it's Heather the obit girl from the Eagle. I REALLY need to find some trivia here in Doo-Dah.

chitknit said...

Hey Heather -
You would probably love the format of this trivia. I don't ever remember hearing about anything like it in Wichita, but I think it would be really popular.

They play sound clips and you answer questions based on the sound clips. It's mostly pop culture, but sometimes there are sports or politics questions.

Related Posts with Thumbnails