Thursday, January 17, 2008

This Just In - The Good and Bad of a Snow Day

Just got up. Today, I woke up two minute before the alarm, feeling refreshed and ready to attack the day. I looked out the window, thought to myself "Self, there's some snow out there, but doesn't look like enough to cancel school. But just in case, I'll turn on the TV before I get in the shower."

SNOW DAY! Everyone's out - BV, Olathe, Shawnee Mission, KCK, Turner, etc.

Mitzi and Betsy called last night and said they'd be over to play Wii if we were out. Adam and I didn't get our hopes up for a day off.

Here's the bad part: This snow day, just like the last one, is right smack in the middle of production for newspaper. We were supposed to stay late tonight to finish pages, in hopes of not having to work over the three-day weekend. I'll have to check in with the kids later to see what the heck we're going to do now. This issue is only a 16-pager, not 24, so that's serendipitous.

Just the other day, the students were complaining about having such a small paper. I'm guessing now they'll be glad it's a tight one.

It's still dark outside but we'll take some photos later so you can see all the snow. Now I'll be able to work on the sock, too!

6 comments:

Jaime said...

I looked out the window and saw snow, too. Unfortunatley, work has not been called off for me. I'm jealous of you and your Wii. If you have Rock Band, I'll be up in two hours.

Chris said...

Color me jealous. Work was not called off for me either.

Heather rules said...

Wish I could stay home and play Gage's Wii.
Hell, I threw my back out a couple of weeks ago playing tennis. Gage said I was WAY too into it. hehe

Bets said...

I see what else you've done on your snow day. I love the the banner!

ksukim said...

I'm jealous. If we have anymore we might have to make up time.
The ice days forced us to not print that issue. We finished the issue, made a PDF and posted it on the website.
Enjoy your day off.

Kathryn said...

I heard at lunch KC schools were called off so I came to check your blog. Lucky girl...make it a productive day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails